Your home away from home in Yorkshire
Rose Cottage is situated in the delightful rural village of Thorpe Bassett, on the fringe of the undiscovered Yorkshire Wolds, halfway between York and the Yorkshire Coast.
Please note that we work full time so we'd appreciate either a text or email during daytime hours if you need to contact us. You're welcome to book through Yorkshire Cottages. This link will take you to our page on their site where you can check availability or book online.
Directions from the M1
1) From the M1 take the M18 at Junction 32 towards Hull.
2) At junction 2 exit onto A1(M).
3) Leave the A1 at Junction 44 onto the A64 signposted York/ East Coast.
4) Continue on A64 for approximately 37 miles. You will pass the exit for Malton but continue on A64 passing through Rillington Fields.
5) As you enter Rillington there is a 40mph sign. You will pass a small car garage on your left. You are about 250 metres from the turn off to Thorpe Bassett.
6) At the 30mph sign turn right into Collinson’s Lane.
7) Continue along the lane for almost ½ mile past the fields. Just after the bend you come to a 30mph sign as you enter Thorpe Bassett.
8) Opposite the brick Thorpe Bassett village sign, turn right into Oak Lodge. There is a bench outside. Once through the gates please park in front of the garage door.
As Thorpe Bassett only has 1 postcode, Sat Nav systems take you to the centre of the village. If you get to the Church, you have gone too far!