Your home away from home in Yorkshire
Rose Cottage is situated in the delightful rural village of Thorpe Bassett, near Malton on the fringe of the undiscovered Yorkshire Wolds, halfway between York and the Yorkshire Coast.
1) Take the A64 in the direction of Scarborough/East Coast. You will pass the exit for Malton but continue on A64 passing through Rillington Fields.
2) As you enter Rillington there is a 30mph sign. You will pass a small car garage on your left. You are about 250 metres from the turn off to Thorpe Bassett.
3) Just after the bus shelter turn right into Collinson’s Lane.
4) Continue along the lane for almost ½ mile past the fields. Just after the bend you come to a 30mph sign as you enter Thorpe Bassett.
5) Opposite the brick Thorpe Bassett village sign, turn right into Oak Lodge. There is a bench outside. Once through the gates please park in front of the garage door. (Please keep to the left). PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE UP THE LANE ALONGSIDE OUR HOUSE.
As Thorpe Bassett only has 1 postcode, Sat Nav systems take you to the centre of the village. If you get to the Church, you have gone too far!